MAF Brownies


MAF flew us in and out of our village all the time. We knew all the pilots, their wives, and the kids. One of the pilots, Bruce, was a redhead who made really good brownies. He passed this recipe onto my mother and we knew it would be good. Redheads know their chocolate. It's just a fact.


It's one of those ooey-gooey-eat-with-a-spoon recipes, which is just the way I like them.


MAF Brownies


1 2/3 cups of sugar

3/4 cup of unsalted butter

2 Tbsp. of water

2 eggs

2 tsp. of vanilla

1 1/3 cups of flour

3/4 cup of cocoa (psst...when it's Princess Must Scream time, just make it a whole cup.)

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. of salt


Stir together sugar, butter, and water. Stir in eggs, vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.


(And for the love of Pete [Bruce?] DO NOT OVERBAKE. It will become cake-y, and not gooe-y. And that might make me cry.)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Blonds know their chocolate too! Sometimes I put instant coffee in the batter, our family likes that flavor

Jungle Mom said...

Oh chocolate. When I finish dieting...

Ken, Christie, Camille, Caroline said...

Can't wait to try this one! We made your choc chip cookie recipe the other day and it was better than my original... except I was too impatient to cool them in the fridge for that 30 minutes, so they were more like pancakes. I heard no complaints, though!

Kathy said...

Can't wait to try this!!!

Pam said...

YUMMMMMM!