Baby Weight...BE GONE!

My creation

Ah, yes.

Here we go again.

The baby weight battles.

I don't have a lot to loose, only 12 pounds to be at my goal weight. But if I let 12 pounds slide with each pregnancy...well, that's not a healthy situation for a shorty like me. Twelve pounds doesn't have a lot of places to go when you're 5'1".

So.

I am eating better, no white flour or sugar. Lots of vegetables and protein.

I also workout using Jillian Michael's The 30 Day Shred DVD's. Really good workout, not a lot of coordination needed, and only twenty minutes. I'm seeing and feeling results already after only two weeks. I would highly reccomend this DVD, especially to mothers of young children. I just don't know if you can get this good of a workout in less time anywhere else. But of course, as with everything, you have to actually DO it.

I feel better and I'm loosing inches. I expect to not reach my goal until Lexi is weaned.

(You know how some women just shed pounds while nursing? Yeah, they make me sick. Not the case here.)

I'm in no rush, just want to be as healthy as possible and feel as good as possible. These kids keep me on my toes and I find that I'm a much happier Mommy when I workout.

What about you? Any weight loss tips, or great workouts you want to share?

5 comments:

Carrie Gomora said...

I wish that I only had 12 lbs. to lose! I have three babies and 30 lbs to go. I just break it down and say 10 lbs. per child. My problem is I get into a rhythm and then something breaks it (vacation, I get sick etc) and I can't seem to get back into it! AAUUGGH!!
So, because of you, I am deciding today I WILL work out! I have only missed 1 week, but it seems like an eternity. I usually work out with P90X on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and on Tuesday and Thursday the girls and I go to Tae Kwon Do (working on our orange belt! WOOHOO!). Saturday I make optional for myself and Sunday - well it is all about REST!

Brenda said...

I am a huge fan of nonfat greek yogurt because it has so much protein and no fat. Maybe you can't get that, but I'm pretty sure you can make it.

Great job though jackie, sounds like you are doing it right.

Kathy said...

Back when I used to be in shape (I don't have kids so I don't have an excuse!!!) I used to run. I loved it too. When you run (and you're young!) and you're just fairly careful about what you eat, you can stay in shape. However, with three kids, I think that the DVD is your best option. Just be careful what you eat, but allow yourself a fun snack now and then so you won't overdo it one day! I think I'll get that DVD and have my mom send it to me. I can't run here. However, walking up and down the hills is getting both of us back in shape!!!

Christine said...

I have 10 pounds to lose; I totally hear ya! I bet I won't lose it all until Olivia is weaned, either. I am also striving for total health. I have been a slacker in the exercise realm, but I am picking up the slack in the food realm. I adore green smoothies; they are my favorite way to start the day. I use just greens (organic mixed greens, celery, etc) and I use whatever fruit (today it was banana, mango, and frozen blueberries) is on hand and whip it up in the Vitamix. Green smoothies are so vitalizing and give so much energy for the day. The marriage of fruit plus greens is very tasty. (And I was raised on processed foods!)This blog is very inspiring to eat better: http://happyfoody.com/ I want to at least get walking more. I read that we need to walk about an hour a day for optimal health.

Amity said...

Wow glad I am not the only one that Hangs on the weight while I am nursing .... I get really jealous when I hear those women talking about shedding weight while nursing. So here I am still nursing my 3 yr old and still holding on to the 20 lbs of baby weight and like you I am 5'1" ...so not much room for fat..LOL. I bought jillians 30-day shred a few months ago..maybe I should actually start using it...