Embrace the camera...even at lunch!

DSC_0077

Lunchtime can sometimes be pretty awful around here. I'm usually exhausted, people are hungry, Baby Girl is fussy, and even when the food is oh-so-simple (sandwiches, cheese, crackers) it still feels like such a chore to get it on the table. The last thing I want to do is take pictures, even if someone is actually doing something cute.
I just want a nap. And quiet. And real food that doesn't involve me eating with my fingers.
But it's worth it sometimes to set the camera up, tell the big girls to please, please, please just be patient for two more minutes while I snap a photo of me stealing sweet baby kisses.
My mother-in-law, who raised two little boys (18 months apart-yikes!) always says about those days "I only remember the good stuff."

I will not mind one bit if I forget about the cranky sandwich lunches we'll be having for the next few years, but I don't want to forget those good moments.

There always is a little bit of sweet amidst the sour.

So take a picture of it! Even, dare I say, especially during the worst parts of your day. It might make things seem a little bit better.



17 comments:

Jennifer said...

So true. I find myself remembering some of those awful days, but I can find the humor in them now.
Cute picture! =)

Elizabeth said...

That photo is incredibly gorgeous! I love how it is black and white....it is so simple...yet so perfect....

Wendy said...

Agreed!

And what a great pic :)

Amber said...

a very sweet moment you captured. I understand the lunch time meltdown. :)

Steph said...

Why IS it so hard to get food on the table?? And I agree completely - we won't remember how there always seems to be a meltdown and mealtimes - but we WILL remember the silly faces covered in spaghetti sauce! I want pictures of everything. :)

Mommy Girl said...

I love it - very wise words!

Jessica said...

Glad you took the moment to take the picture. It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Great pic!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo!

Summer said...

So sweet!

Alicia said...

thank-u for this post. i needed to read it today. yesterday. umm...this whole fussy week. i'm trying NOT to live only for nap times, but right now these boys are making it hard not too! i'm glad we will only remember the good times. =)
BTW - LOVE the picture!

Mom's the Word said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful words.

MaMa Vaughn said...

Super cute picture! :] For real lunches can be sooo boring at times. like a grand ole rut
mac n cheese, sandwich, grilled cheese, spagettios, mac n cheese, left over pizza, grilled cheese, grilled cheese, sandwich....ughhh. :] Sometimes we branch out and get lunchables at the store. sometimes.

My battery just needed to be charged. that's all. :] Sorry I frightened you. ;}

Unknown said...

Great post!!!! adorable shot :)

Emily Anderson said...

great picture and great words.
amen.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Awesome attitude and even better picture!! You go girl!!

Unknown said...

Love your mother in laws advice. I sure wish I had owned a good camera back when my boys were young so I could have more of those endearing photos on hand.

I'm loving looking at Lexi's blond hair!!