I loved the Farmers Market here, it was a lot of fun to go buy local produce and yummy loaves of wheat bread. It's good to know that there are many local farmers markets in Paraguay. I like getting to know the vendors, I like knowing where my food is coming from and I love teaching my girls how to pick out the best tomato, pineapple, or mangos.


Why must everything be fast and convenient? I prefer taking my time with some things and the preparation of food is one of them. Shopping, planning, cleaning and finally cooking the food is something that consumes a lot of my time. But I'm okay with this, more than okay, I love it.

How about you? Is cooking fun or a an annoying chore?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Cooking is fun for me. I love food and any part of the process, from buying the ingredients to whipping up a meal. Its all enjoyable to me.

M.J. said...

I love food. I especially love to cook. It amazes me how putting certain things together can create such a wonderful taste! I am salivating at the thought!

Unknown said...

I used to look at cooking as an annoying chore, but after meeting a lady named Teresa Pedersen, I realized it was a labor of love. MY husband also helped me learn some new techniques which made cooking more interesting and not so boring. I was brought up in a house hold where prepping and cooking was prefaced with: "Let's hurry and get this food on the table!" Also being a working mom caused me to dread that chore everynight. But thankfully, I now can say I enjoy cooking for my family and looking for new recipes.

marion cde said...

Just found this post - so dont know if you'll read this ..BUT...I came back from the farmers market in CDE today and said to my husband - "That is my all time favourite place in this town "- Its buzzing and fun and all good natural, dead and alive stuff for less. For your info - its weds afternoons and selling starts at 3pm. Arent you heading this way sometimes soon ? - if so get in touch and I can pick you up and take you there one fine weds afternoon. Bliss !